Exclusive Buyers Agency
Always Protects the Buyer’s Best Interest
The Sellers Agent tells the seller ALL they know about you!
1. AN EXCLUSIVE BUYERS AGENCY HAS ACCESS TO ALL PROPERTIES FOR SALE. THEY NEVER LIST SELLERS PROPERTY FOR SALE. Buyers who choose an Exclusive Buyers Agency will never have a conflict of interest between the buyer and the seller. Beverly Howe, CIPS, GRI, ABR, TRC, CIPS, SRES, ACCRS, EBA, MCNE, 1031 Exchange Specialist is the original Florida Buyer Broker and a REALTOR® specializing as an exclusive buyer broker. The term exclusive was chosen by the REALTOR® organization to distinguish between someone who says they are a buyers agent or buyers broker who DOES NOT list sellers’ properties for sale. A real estate broker who ONLY HELPS BUYERS. The phrase is misleading because it implies there is a cost for the help of an exclusive buyer broker or exclusive buyers agent. The REALTOR® community identifies Exclusive Buyer Agency real estate firms with the initials EBA.
2. BUYERS CALL THE SELLERS AGENT DIRECTLY. Those buyers end up buying toxic Chinese drywall, foreclosure properties with potential title issues, mold and inadvertently participating in short sale fraud. Or losing money via intricate internet scams in which real estate agents may also be involved. Buying a property site unseen could also mean your deposit money is going someplace it will never be seen again. See Buyer Beware!
3. BUYERS DO NOT PAY THE EXCLUSIVE BUYERS AGENCY COMMISSION. Most buyers don’t know they can obtain the help of an exclusive buyers agency in their real estate transaction at NO additional cost to them. Even builders in developments with new homes and condos compensate an exclusive buyer agency to assist buyers with new properties. There is no double commission, “trick” or “catch” to Florida Buyer Broker exclusive buyer agency services. Sellers’ listing agents, for sale by owners, foreclosures, REO, auction or new construction all include compensation for exclusive buyer brokers and buyers agents to help buyers with their property sales.
4. FLORIDA BUYER BROKER HAS AN OUTSTANDING REPUTATION. Buyers benefit from the prestige and high standard of services Florida Buyer Broker is known to deliver to buyers. Other agents are confident when they know the buyer’s side of the transaction is professionally guide by exclusive buyer broker, Beverly Howe.
5. FLORIDA LAW ASSUMES ALL BUYERS KNOW the broker or licensee they contact is working as a Transaction Broker who does NOT represent them. No written disclosure is required when the associate does NOT represent the buyer. When a real estate agency is going to represent the buyer only, this is known as Single Agency. Single Agency relationships require the exclusive buyer broker and their buyer agents to provide Fiduciary Duties to the buyer and not the seller. The transaction agency has almost no liability in the transaction. A transaction associate cannot provide information which would be detrimental to either party. You may hear them saying “I can’t say,” when asked a question. The Single Agent Disclosure is a form created by the State of Florida. There is a copy of the Single Agent Disclosure form on my homepage menu, notice it has no option to change back to a Transaction Broker. The ability to switch from Buyer Broker or Buyers Agent to Transaction Broker is REQUIRED by large real estate firms offering both buyer services and seller services. The Single Agent disclosure is a statement of facts, it is not a contract. Single Agent disclosure is required to be provided at first contact with the buyer. Transaction Associates are not required to make disclosure. Although when the buyer is ready to make an offer on a property they will ask them to sign the a Transaction Broker Disclosure. Finding out your agent doesn’t represent you at that point is like finding out there is no Santa Claus!
6. ANY AGENT CAN SAY THEY ARE A BUYERS AGENT and have an ABR (Accredited Buyer’s Representative) designation. Most ABR’s also list sellers property for sale. Should you become interested in one of their listings or any of their offices listings they must change back to a Transaction Broker who no longer can represent you. Only an EXCLUSIVE buyers agency or EXCLUSIVE buyer broker can assure the buyer they will obtain full confidentiality, undivided loyalty and representation through out their real estate purchase.
7. THE SELLERS AGENT MUST TELL THE SELLER EVERYTHING THEY KNOW ABOUT YOU, THE BUYER. Buyers don’t realize everything they say about their financial ability, motivation to buy or other confidential information, will be told to the seller by the sellers listing agent who is NOT required to disclose to the buyer that they do not represent the buyer. The sellers agent can represent the seller only or can be a Transaction Broker who does not represent anyone. Either way the sellers agent never owes the buyer confidentiality or undivided loyalty like the exclusive buyer broker from an exclusive buyer agency does.
8. IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, ONLY A BUYER BROKER OR BUYERS AGENT CAN LEGALLY NEGOTIATE FOR THE LOWEST PRICE FOR THE BUYER. The exclusive buyer broker must take care of the buyer’s best interest throughout the transaction, including keeping the buyer’s financial information and motivation to buy confidential. The exclusive buyer broker and exclusive buyers agent has genuine liability in the real estate purchase transaction. They will be more diligent when protecting the buyers best interest in the real estate purchase transaction. The transaction broker has very limited liability.
9. THE BUILDER’S AGENT NEVER REPRESENTS THE BUYER. All builders have a real estate commission included in the price of their properties which also compensates an exclusive buyer broker or exclusive buyers agent. In Florida, builders do not sell a property for less if the buyers do not use the services of an exclusive buyer broker or exclusive buyers agent. Builders rely on real estate agents to bring them buyers. And they need their properties to appraise consistently. All builder contracts say, “You cannot rely upon the verbal representations made by their agents or representatives.” Builders’ contracts may have 70 to 100 or more pages. Beverly Howe, Florida Buyer Broker, knows what questions to ask and what clauses to look for when accompanying the buyer to the builder or new development. With new construction the buyer usually does not get an opportunity for an attorney review until after they sign the legally binding contract. Builder’s contracts are written to, by and for the builder’s best interest and can not be changed. An attorney review does not change your legal obligation to purchase the new property or assure you of any return of your deposit once you have signed the contract. Not understanding what you are signing before you purchase a new property or if an important clause in the contract is overlooked in the explanation by the builders representative, could be costly to the new home or condominium buyer. Often a buyer is pressured by the builders associates to make their offer when lot selections are limited, pricing changes are pending or incentives are expiring. The ability to make a quick purchase decision based upon the high level of trust and market expertise which is offered to Florida Buyer Broker buyer clients can save the buyers thousands!
10. MANY BUYERS GIVE UP THEIR RIGHT TO WORK WITH AN EXCLUSIVE BUYERS AGENCY when they go to the builder without an exclusive buyer broker on their initial visit. However, many builders will make an exception for Florida Buyer Broker to bring the buyer back to represent the buyer provided the buyer did not recently go to the builder with another real estate agent. All builders have time limits which will allow you to change agents or come back with an exclusive buyer broker, typically the waiting period is a year. The benefit of having Florida Buyer Broker accompany the buyers on all visits to the builder is because Florida Buyer Broker can inform you after the visit regarding unrealistic statements or misrepresentations made by the builder’s sales person during the visit.
11. BUYERS DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PURPOSE OF A BUYER BROKER AGREEMENT. The buyer broker agreement is a document which protects the buyers agent or buyer broker not the buyer. A written buyer broker agreement does not mean the associate is going to represent the buyers. The associate may include a “Single Agent to Transaction Broker” disclosure. This gives the associate the right to switch to a Transaction Broker. The Buyer Broker Agreement or Buyer Broker Contract commits the buyer to work with the associate for a period of time and commits the buyer to paying any difference is commission which is agreed upon between the buyer and the associate. So, the buyer will pay the balance of any percentage agreed upon which is not collected through the cooperating commission or builder compensation to the brokerage. A Buyer Broker Agreement may also say the buyer is obligated to pay a flat fee on top of the amount the brokerage will collect for the commission. Some brokers require a retainer fee upfront. Florida Buyer Broker does NOT use a Buyer Broker Agreement or Buyer Broker Contract. We accept the amount of compensation which is offered to exclusive buyer brokers through the cooperation of the MLS listing and by builders. Most for sale by owners have a real estate broker commission included in their asking price.
12. ALL AUCTIONS INCLUDE COMMISSIONS WHETHER THE BUYER WORKS WITH AN EXCLUSIVE BUYER BROKER OR NOT. Auctions are a marketing strategy used to sell the most undesirable properties. Usually a property which could not be sold otherwise. It is a great way to sell a property with toxic Chinese Drywall on line to buyers who are not aware of the extent of this problem in the US. All auction properties include an additional percentage to be paid on top of the winning bid price by the buyer. Seller’s agents contract their sellers with the auctioneer. There is no additional cost to obtain the help of Florida Buyer Broker with an auction purchase. The real estate commission is included in the final action purchase price whether the buyer works with a real estate agent or not. Frequently, the buyer may need to pay for a title search and home inspection before the auction.
13. SOME AGENTS ONLY SHOW THEIR OWN LISTINGS. Florida Buyer Broker will show you all the best properties which meet your criteria. There is no ulterior motive to sell you any particular listing. All properties are shown objectively. As your exclusive buyer broker, Beverly Howe, commits quality time to helping buyer clients make the best real estate decisions with confidence. Beverly’s exclusive buyers agency is built on “happy buyer relationships.”
14. BUYERS JUST “SHOW UP” AT A REAL ESTATE OFFICE and don’t realize it can take 24 hours or more to make appointments to show properties. Time is required for an exclusive buyers agency to research the best real estate options for each buyer and to gain access for showings.
15. BUYERS NEED A PRE-APPROVAL LETTER NOT A PRE-QUALIFICATION from a bank or lender. Today almost every transaction requires a pre-approval letter or financial statement to be submitted with the buyer’s offer. I advise my clients on the best strategies to keep their financial ability confidential while they meet the seller’s agents request for financial disclosure. Making a loan application via the internet with inexperienced mortgage brokers is the reason why seller’s agents will no longer accept just any pre-approval letter obtained online entities. Many foreclosure banks require a pre-qualification by their selected mortgage broker before they will allow an offer to be submitted for consideration. Your transaction will go quicker and more smoothly when using a local lending agency. If you work with a big financial institution ask for a local referral in Florida.
16. BUYERS RENT FOR MONTHS OR A YEAR BEFORE PURCHASING. In this rapidly escalating market, renting it could make a difference of tens of thousands of dollars in the purchase price, quality and location of the property a year from now. I help my buyer clients find the best properties in the best location for the best price and terms. You will have enough information and confidence to make a timely decision to purchase. As your exclusive buyer broker I can also help you make a smooth transition from the sale of one home into another. This will save the you the cost and effort of two moves and the expense of a long rental period before you buy.
17. MANY CONSUMERS DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE TERM SHORT SALE MEANS. There is more information on this topic and Short Sale Fraud on the menu bar of this homepage. Most often a buyer is lured into a short sale transaction by the unrealistically low listed price of a property. Most short sales become no sales after 9 to 10 months and many end up in a two year foreclosure process in Florida. There is a considerable about of Short Sale fraud by sellers and real estate agents cheating the banks out of equity via a relative or friend buying and flipping to an unsuspecting buyer.
18. BUYERS MAY NOT KNOW THAT BANKS LIST THEIR REO (FORECLOSURE) PROPERTIES WITH REAL ESTATE AGENTS IN THE REALTOR MLS. All exclusive buyer brokers and agents have access to the same listings of foreclosure information thru the MLS date base systems. Agents who advertise List of Foreclosures do not have any kind of special relationship with the foreclosure banks. See the links on my homepage “Foreclosures” and “Buyer Beware” for more details on these types of properties.
19. THE MISCONCEPTION THAT A “FOR SALE BY OWNER” MUST BE A BETTER DEAL IS NOT TRUE IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA. Often, these sellers are asking more than market value for their property or they may be involved in fraudulent bait and switch scams if the properties are advertised on the internet as for rent or for sale by owners. Truly motivated sellers have their property listed with an agent where it will get the most exposure through the MLS data base. There are more and more con artist posing as owners and taking large deposits from buyers on homes, vacation rentals and vacant lots then disappearing. Beware on any transaction which is to be completed entirely via the internet or seems to good to be true or if you find the same property listed by a REALTOR at a higher price on the internet. Today the State of Florida’s biggest problem with fraud is unlicensed real estate activity. Many internationals are claiming to be licensed agents under the guise of a partnership in an LLC, which does not give them the legal right to sell or rent real estate which belongs to others. Although, internet real estate bait and switch scams seem to be coming into their “glory days!” FYI these scammers are completely out of the jurisdiction of local authorities to do anything to try to help you get your money back!
20. FORECLOSURES – these properties have problems with disrepair and non-disclosed defects, bidding contingencies for all parties not just 2nd homeowners and investors. There maybe title issues because of mishandling of the foreclosure process by the attorneys and banks. Florida foreclosure courts have been nick named rock dockets, because of the lack of consideration to home owners by judges at their slam dunk foreclosure hearings. Some Florida homeowners have actually gotten their properties back after they have been completely foreclosed upon.
21. SOME BUYERS’ THINK THEY CAN OBTAIN ALL THE INFORMATION THEY NEED VIA THE INTERNET AND THE SELLER’S AGENT. Florida Buyer Broker works closely with buyers prior to their arrival to search for property. Buyers have access to the REALTOR® MLS data base to view properties. Many will study the tax information, seller’s court house records, and community fees in detail for months prior to their arrival. Some buyers prepare excel sheet to compare properties. They will send an agenda of homes they want to view on their visit. As your exclusive buyer broker I research properties based upon my 35+ years of professional experience in the Southwest Florida real estate market. The preliminary phone calls and communications we have to determine your wants and needs are very important. Buyers often find the homes THEY selected on the internet are not what they expected once we view them. As your exclusive buyer broker I will work diligently to find you the home, condominium or property you desire and negotiate for the best price and terms for you. Advanced scheduling is required to obtain my specialized exclusive buyer broker services.
When you are considering making one of the largest investment of your life I’ll Take Your Side!
Other REALTORS® have confidence in buyers who obtain the services of Florida Buyer Broker an Exclusive Buyers Agency.
There is NO additional cost to obtain my exclusive buyers agency services!
(OTHER firms may have additional fees)
Beverly Howe has served Southwest Florida real estate buyers in Naples, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Bonita Springs, Bonita Beach, Estero, Ave Maria Florida and the surrounding areas with Integrity, Loyalty, Honesty, Skill and Expertise since 1981
Beverly Howe-Exclusive Buyer Broker
1031 Exchange Specialist
Master Certified Negotiation Expert- Graduate of the REALTOR® Institute-Graduate Institute of Luxury Home Marketing
I am friendly and easy to talk to. Phone calls are the best way to contact me.
Please leave a message if I do not answer. I will return your call ASAP.
Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393 US & Canada
Best Local Direct: 1-239-601-2013
Florida Buyer Broker is a registered Service Mark @2018 all rights reserved.